A highly popular messaging app for mobile with more than 1 billion users in over 180 countries. People use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is free and offers simple, secure, reliable messaging and calling, available on many smartphones including Apple iPhones, Samsung Galaxy phones (Android) and Windows Mobile and personal computers such as Microsoft Windows and Apple Macs. (source WhatsApp website).
Here is an example from WhatsApp iOS version:
1) Here is a screenshot of the new agreement. Before you press the big, attractive, blue and tempting "Agree" button, Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the agreement.
2) Then you will see the statement "Share my WhatsApp account information with Facebook to improve my Facebook ads and products experiences…". If it is "on" or "green", tap on it and make sure it is "off" or "white"
3) Once it's done, you can now press "Agree".
Don't panic. Help is at hand. Here is an example from the WhatsApp Android version:
1) In WhatsApp, go to your Account Setting in by clicking on "Settings" and then "Account". At the bottom part of the screen, you will find "Share my account info" with a green tick on the side. Tap on the green tick to untick the option.
2) It will prompt "Are you sure you don't want to use your WhatsApp account information to improve your Facebook ads and products experience?…". Just tap on "DON'T SHARE".
3) It will bring you back to your Account Setting screen. Now the "Share my account info" option is gone. Done! :)
You have just stopped WhatsApp from sharing your account information with Facebook for advertising.
Hope you find this guide useful. Comments are welcome. Please feel free to LIKE and SHARE it with your friends. Certainly if you have any further questions or need some help, our friendly local experts are more than happy to help you. You can make an appointment with our experts here.
#privacy #WhatsApp #Facebook #securityalert #ios #android #windowsmobile
When you use Google Search, do you notice the privacy reminder? Do you ever wonder what it is about? Many of our customers have asked us what they should do when they see the reminder and many have clicked on “I AGREE” without knowing the consequences. We decided to publish this guide to demystify the subject and to show you what to do when you see the reminder again.
Don't miss out on our free user guides, tips & tricks, relevant technology news, security alerts and special offers in our free newsletterSUBSCRIBE NOW
Need some help with your computer?
Why not get a friendly local IT expert who can pop around and give you some help? It's simple, affordable and convenient.
We can help you with anything from providing you independent advice through setting up, fixing or upgrading your computer, to teaching you how to use your computer, on a 1-to-1 basis.BOOK NOW
Are you passionate about technology? Are you the one who people turn to for help? Are you interested in helping more people and get paid?
Sign up and become a lxpert.FIND OUT MORE